Friday, February 17, 2012

John's Story

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.” -John Adams


     What can I say, I love my life right now.  I spend most time in the ocean, sipping on beer, and meeting the most interesting people.
     One such man is John, and John deserves to have his story shared.  For safety reason’s his name has been changed and where he is from will be with held in the telling of this story, and I hope at the end you understand why.  The only reason I am sharing any of this with you is because I was given the go ahead from John.  Since his knowledge is far superior to my own, this will be a simplified version.
     John is a doctor of sorts but he uses all natural healing.  He has multiple doctorates (the first was achieved when he was 18) and when I jokingly said “I guess one isn’t enough.”  he laughed and replied “everyone needs a hobby, right?”  
     Knowledge just spills from his mouth at high speed.  He wrings his hands a lot when he talks and has a pretty severe stutter, as though he is trying to get the words out all at once.  Most of this he attributes to a brain injury he suffered a while back. More on that in a bit.
     This story, well my part of the story, begins a few nights back.  Myself, John, and Trevor (a Canadian man in his 40s) were sitting out in front of the hostel shooting the breeze.  John had just diagnosed another tenant with a fungal infection simply by looking at his skin.  Trevor and I were in a bit of disbelief and it must have shown on our faces because John just laughed at us.  He then turned his attention to Trevor.  From a small bump on his forehead he was able to name symptoms Trevor had been experiencing for the passed few months, including depression.  Trevor, slightly stunned, confirmed John’s diagnosis and said he had recently stopped taking his antidepressants just before coming down here.  John questioned Trevor as to how long he had been on them, and when he got the response he stated, “Oh, so you probably haven’t been able to tolerate the smell of gasoline.”
     Trevor, with a stunned look on his face said that for the passed few weeks he couldn’t stand being around the stuff.  I was hooked.  From that moment on I knew that John was the real deal.  He wasn’t just blowing smoke like some other people I have met.  Then John preceded to tell us the most amazing life story I have ever heard.
     Like I said, John uses all natural medicines.  Things that are found in the Earth.  Not so much plants but he lists dozens of elements and combinations that will cure different ailments and diseases.  He knows how to beat cancer, autism, and AIDS.  AIDS was the first one he found a cure to and just before publishing his works his life would be changed forever.
     John’s solution to AIDS was simple, and very affordable.  It would have cost the drug companies just about everything had word gotten out.  The night he completed his “recipe” he and his then pregnant wife went out to dinner to celebrate.  There was an attempt on John’s life, most likely linked to the drug companies, that left him in a coma.  Worst than that, his wife and unborn child were killed.  I realize this sounds like some sort of novel and nearly impossible to believe but I watched this man breakdown and cry as he talked about it.  Trevor and I didn’t dare ask what happened exactly.
     Needless to say, John never published his works.  He travels the world, spent most of his time in Africa, as a sort of renegade doctor.  He charges very little, and sometimes nothing.  His only goal is to help people but fear has crippled his practice and now he travels, only curing small amounts of people at a time.
     He went on to tell how greed and a hunger for power are mankind’s biggest flaws and have been for sometime but he looked at us and said, very clearly, “Love will set us free.”  Here was a man who had basically solved our biggest problem’s and because of this lost his wife and any hope happiness, and still believed in the power of love.
     I realize, after reading this, that this story doesn’t carry a fraction of the weight it had when I first heard it.  It could be that my concentration was elsewhere, or maybe the whiskey coke next to me that is now almost finished (don’t judge, it helped Hemingway), but I assure this was THE most powerful story I have ever heard.

     In a not so smooth transition, a Canadian couple has arrived to rent the business from Susie for 6 months so we have been showing them the ropes.  Carnival starts this weekend and already safety has been an issue.  Two Argentinean girls who checked into the hostel today (both very good looking) were robbed just as I finished writing this blog.  We are currently waiting for the police to show up so they can file a report.  Don’t worry mom, I will be safe.  I will post again after carnival and let you know how it all went.  I hope things in your part of the world are wonderful!



1 comment:

  1. FIrst off, I believe it. Drug companies are the devil! and secondly... Argentine girls are very attractive, if you were there I would be afraid that you would never come back... They are sirens.

    ReplyDelete